You know how they say you shouldn't go to the supermarket hungry? Well you also shouldn't try to write a food blog post when you are hungry. I am sitting here staring at the picture of this pasta and the only thought I have in my head right now is how badly I'd love to eat it.
So after giving you one tip, I'm going to let the pictures do the talking in this post. The next time you grill veggies for dinner, make extra so you can chop them up for this pasta dish the next night. Not only will you save time and have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes, you'll get the great flavor of grilled veggies infused into a light and fresh pasta dish.
Grilled Vegetable Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Leftover grilled veggies, chopped
- A few cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c low sodium chicken or vegetable broth OR 1/2 c pasta water
- 8 oz pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Optional: fresh mozzarella, chopped
- Cook pasta until done to your liking; drain, reserving 1/2 c of the pasta water (unless you are using broth)
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat
- Add the garlic and tomatoes; sauté 2-3 minutes being careful not to burn the garlic
- Add the veggies and toss to warm
- Add the broth or pasta water, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a low simmer.
- Add the pasta and toss with the veggies.
- Top with basil and mozzarella