Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Source: David Lebovitz
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced (I used 3 cloves)
- 8-10 branches of fresh thyme (I used 1 tsp dried thyme)
- a few spring of fresh rosemary (I used 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF (165ºC.)
- Pour the olive oil into a shallow baking dish or pan and add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally, then use a sharp knife to remove the stems, if you wish. Toss the tomatoes with the oil and seasonings, then lay them cut side down in the dish.
- Bake for two hours, or until the tomatoes are completely softened and wilted, and start to wrinkle. Depending on the tomatoes, they may take longer to cook.