- 1 small head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/2 each red and green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 12oz bag of frozen tortellini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Splash of white wine
- 1/2 c low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 c light cream
- A few pinches each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning (like McCormick's Perfect Pinch)
- 1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Toss in the onions and garlic; saute 1 min.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, red and green pepper, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning; saute 1 min.
- Add the white wine, stir for 20 seconds before adding the broth. Bring to a gentle simmer and then add the cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain the tortellini and add to the veggie/sauce mixture. Toss and serve.