Grilling season is finally here in the Northeast! This opens up an endless number of meal options as we grill everything - meat, fish, veggies, potatoes, even noodles in a foil packet.
I tend to eat healthier when we grill. No creamy, cheesy sauces; no breaded chicken or chops, and nothing fried. My favorite grilled meal is marinated chicken with a hearty salad, like this Thai Chicken Salad. I actually made this one last fall and can't wait to fire up the grill to make it again soon.
Grilled Thai Chicken Salad
Inspired by: Grilled Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing
The Marinade -
- 1/2 c rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- A few dashes of cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1/2 head of bok choy, chopped (except for the top 2-3 inches)
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- Optional: cilantro
- 1/2 c olive oil
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp spicy Thai chili sauce
- Mix the marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken. Marinate in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Mix the salad ingredients; keep cold until ready to serve.
- Make the dressing shortly before dinner - just mix everything well, taste and adjust.
- Grill the chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from the grill and let rest at least 5 minutes. Slice and serve.