I made this up as I went along -
- Leftover potatoes; I had about 1.5 cups
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 small onion, grated
- Olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Mix potatoes, egg, salt, pepper, and onion.
- Scoop out one spoon full and form it into a patty. Add to the hot pan. Continue until you have used up all of the potatoes, or until you don't have any more space in the pan - whichever comes first.
- Cook the pancakes approximately 5-6 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
To complete my meal, I made 2 eggs over hard and a serving of sauteed spinach.
Later I felt like a snack, so I had one of the smaller pancakes and topped it with some leftover sauce from last nights Mushroom-Blue Cheese Sauce that I made to go with filet mignon. THAT was a good snack!!
Print this post