- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped) (I omitted this - Jon's not a fan)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 splash brandy
- 1/2 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- Add butter and oil to a saute pan; heat over a medium flame
- Add the onion and saute at medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper and saute until tender, about 7-9 minutes
- Add the broth and brandy and deglaze the pan and simmer until it has reduced by half (I added the brandy first, let it absorb into the mushrooms, and then added the broth)
- Remove from heat and stir in the blue cheese and pour over the steaks.
Mmmm, mmm! The mushrooms completely took on the flavor of the blue cheese. It was such a rich and flavorful sauce, and I loved when it mixed with the potatoes, too. Yum!
Here is my plate -
I served the steaks with garlic smashed potatoes and sauteed spinach.