- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 bulbs garlic, roasted
- 8 cloves raw garlic, minced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 large heads broccoli, florets only
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth for a vegetarian version)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- Pinch of turmeric
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 1/2 c light cream
- Heat butter and olive oil in a soup pot
- Add onions, saute 1 min
- Add raw garlic, saute 1 min
- Add broccoli and roasted garlic, saute 3-4 minutes
- Add broth, salt, white pepper, thyme, and turmeric. Let simmer 10-12 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- Puree in a blender or by using a handheld immersion blender.
- Return to heat and slowly add cream.
I added the turmeric after tasting the soup and realizing that it was missing something. I smelled the spice jar and it seemed like it would go perfectly, and it did.
This was a quick and easy soup, was extremely comforting, and I'm glad I decided to experiment today, no matter how tired I was!
Have a great week!
Print this post