After being in Chicago for work for a few days and getting home at 3 AM, I was exhausted, but in the mood to cook. I turned to the Food Network web site for some quick chicken ideas, and decided on this recipe for Chicken with a Parmesan Chive Cream Sauce.
When I was done cooking, I realized that I forgot to add the Parmesan cheese!! I think it was a good mistake though - the sauce would have been too thick with the cheese. It was just right with the cream, salt, pepper, thyme, and chives.
* I cut this in half (except for the garlic) and didn't use the Parmesan cheese. I think a 1/4 or 1/2 c chicken broth would help the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup rice, regular or instant, cooked according to package directions
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook for 2 minutes stirring with a spoon.
- Add chicken and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides.
- Add thyme and bay leaves and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add parmesan cheese and simmer for 1 minute or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove bay leaves and stir in chives.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve over rice
I served the chicken over rice and with roasted broccoli. Jon and I both enjoyed it.
Next up, grilled filet mignon, sauteed spinach, and gorgonzola-porcini risotto.Print this post