We love grilled romaine and baby bok choy, and pretty much every other veggie we have ever grilled (except radishes... but that's a story for another day), so why not grill cabbage?
I picked up a small head of red cabbage on a whim the other day. I thought I'd make some kind of slaw, but then decided to throw it on the grill.
I cut the cabbage into wedges, poured olive oil over them and then seasoned with salt and pepper. I had no idea how long they'd take, so I put them on the grill when our pork had about 5 minutes left. I figured that would give me about 15 minutes to cook the cabbage when I factored in 10 minutes of resting time for the pork.
This ended up being perfect! I grilled the cabbage for about 7 minutes on the first side and 4-5 on the second side.
Grilled Red Cabbage Wedges
Original Recipe by Mary Ellen of Mary Ellen's Cooking Creations
- 1 small head of red cabbage
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat grill to high
- Cut cabbage into wedges (6-8 wedges)
- Drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place on the grill and let cook for 7 minutes (or until you see it getting nice grill/char marks)
- Flip and cook on the other side for 4-5 minutes
- Serve warm