Summer Vegetable Tian
Source: Cookies, Cakes, Pies, Oh My!
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium russet potato
- 2 medium red potatoes
- 1 large tomato
- Dried thyme
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray 8″ round or square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Thinly slice all the vegetables. (Note: I cut the tomatoes the thickest, the squash in the middle, and the potatoes the thinnest. and like the original author, I also cut the tomato slices in half to have twice as many, and because the tomato slices were much larger than all of the other veggies
- Place vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in alternating pattern. Lightly pour olive oil over the entire dish and season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Top with the onion and garlic.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes (Note - I had to let it cook a little longer - maybe 40 minutes). Remove foil, sprinkle cheese over top and bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.