Arugula is has such a dainty appearance that if you were tasting it for the first time you wouldn't expect the bold and peppery flavor. I think the name "rocket" is actually more appropriate based on the flavor. And although I found it funny when I visited London several years ago and first heard it called rocket, I may just start calling it that myself. Maybe my little one would rather eat something called rocket, too.
This is a simple rocket salad (said in my best Gordon Ramsey accent) that looks and tastes so elegant. I served it at brunch, but it would also be the perfect starter course for a simple grilled dinner on a hot summer night.
Arugula (Rocket) Salad with Lemon-Parmesan Dressing
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for shaving over the salad
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 4 cups (packed) baby arugula
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Blend first 4 ingredients in processor. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Cover; chill up to 3 days.
- Combine arugula and tomatoes in large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- I added shaved Parmesan atop the salad