Pasta is usually my go-to ingredient when I want something quick and easy. This one caught my eye because I love arugula, and the chili-garlic oil mixed with some lemon juice sounded interesting. Toss in some toasted panko for texture and it's pretty much perfect.
Angel Hair with Arugula and Toasted Panko
Adapted from: Shutterbean
- In a large saute pan, combine the panko with 2 tablespoons of the oil and toss to combine. Toast over medium heat, stirring, until the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 5 minutes then transfer to a small bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 4-5 minutes to infuse the olive oil. Right before you add the pasta (see next bullet), add the lemon juice and lower heat to the lowest setting.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to al dente. Drain and add to the pan with the oil.
- Add the arugula and toss everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; add the toasted panko and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Print this post