Jon is the one who cooks fish in our house. He usually starts it in a pan and then finishes it off it in oven, but today he decided to throw this beautiful mahi mahi filet on the grill.
He keeps it simple, with just a bit of seasoning and some lemon. Here is what he did tonight -
- 1 mahi mahi filet, skin-on (his was 1 lb)
- Olive oil (preferably in a mister)
- Seasoning - Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, onion powder, coriander, dried dill (fresh if you have it!)
- Rinse the fish in cold water and pat both sides dry with a paper towel
- In the meantime, heat your grill to high and grease the grates
- Spray both sides of the fish with a light mist of olive oil
- Season the flesh side with the spices - the amount is up to you. He did a light sprinkling of each spice/herb.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon over the fish.
- Place the fish on a hot grill, skin side up. Flip after 4 minutes. Grill another 4 minutes with skin side down. Place a piece of foil on the grill and transfer the fish to the foil. Wrap it up and let it finish cooking, about another 3 minutes. NOTE: cooking times will vary based on the size of the filet.
- To serve, squeeze a bit more lemon over the fish and garnish with green onions.
Print this post