I always pick up different sizes and shapes of Asian noodles when I'm in a market that sells them. They are easy to toss with different sauces/oils/veggies for a quick side dish, so I love keeping noodles in the pantry.
A few weeks ago I picked up a package of Udon noodles -
Jon was making grilled beef kabobs (using this recipe) and grilled veggies, so I made a quick sesame udon dish.
- 1/2 package of Udon noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Optional: sliced peppers
- Cook noodles in boiling water; these noodles only took about 8 minutes to cook.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large saute pan or wok
- Add garlic; if using, add peppers. Cook 3-4 minutes
- Add sesame oil and soy sauce and stir until heated
- Add noodles and toss to coat
Print this post