I love asparagus and tomatoes together, and lately I've been liking the flavor of thyme. I put all of those things together tonight in this pasta dish.
- 1/4 of a small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound of asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2 inch slices on an angle
- 1 tomato cut into chunks, seeds removed
- 3/4 cup cream; half and half works fine
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of thyme (probably about 1/4 tsp)
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 pound linguine or another pasta
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add asparagus, remove from water after 90 seconds or so. Cook pasta in this water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add onions and garlic, saute
- Add asparagus, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and thyme. Saute for a few minutes until tomatoes are slightly tender.
- Add cream, bring to a simmer.
- Add cheese, stir.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking, add it to the sauce and toss.
This pasta was very flavorful and extremely easy. The total cooking time, including prep, was about 25 minutes.