Jon thought this was one of the best dishes I have made for him in a while. It had a lot of heat - just how he likes it!
- 1/2 pound shrimp, deveined and cleaned
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 oz chicken broth
- 1-2 tbsp chili paste; this stuff is hot so it's up to you how much you use
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 oz chicken broth
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat; add garlic and onions, saute til tender
- Add chili paste, soy sauce, and chicken broth; let simmer for 5 minutes
- Add shrimp, cooking 1-2 minutes on each side until pink (since Jon likes heat I added another 1/2 tsp of chili paste with the shrimp)
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture to thicken sauce
- Serve over rice
I'm so happy that Jon loved this dish. I'll be adding it to the rotation.
I served it with garlic snow peas. I heated 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan, added 2 cloves of chopped garlic, and then added the snow peas. I sauteed them for 5 minutes until tender but still slightly crispy. They were the perfect side for this dish.
Print this post