I'm going to start a new series of posts this year - On the Menu. I'll share with you my meal plans for the week, along with a few tips on meal planning with each post.
I start my meal plan by writing out the days of the week and making notes about our schedule. If my husband has a dinner meeting one night I know I only need to plan a meal for 2 or eat leftovers. When my daughter has her weekly dance class on Wednesday night I know that we will have leftovers or my husband will cook if he is home. I like being able to look at my week and pick which days I'll make big meals that will give us leftovers for those busy nights when dinner may have to happen later.
- Friday, 1/15 - Chicken Stir Fry over brown rice
- Saturday, 1/16 - Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Tostadas; I'll have mine over salad. Inspired by this Grilled Chicken Tostada recipe.
- Sunday, 1/17 - Short Ribs Braised in Tomato Sauce over pasta; green salads
- Soup for the week: Escarole and White Bean (new recipe!)
- Monday, 1/18 - Leftovers
- Tuesday, 1/19 - French Onion Braised Chicken; roasted vegetable, probably asparagus
- Wednesday, 1/20 - Pork Medallions of some sort. My husband will be cooking, so he will probably choose these in a Dijon-chive sauce or these Korean pork medallions.
- Thursday, 1/21 - Cheesesteak Stuffed Green Peppers, a new recipe based on my Philly Cheesesteaks; zucchini fries on the side