- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c pecans, roughly chopped or gently crushed (or for the original recipe, use bacon)
- Apple slices, pear slices, grapes (optional), for plating and serving
- Beat the first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover tightly and chill at least one hour until firm (or up to 3 days).
- Roll the cheese mixture into balls (I recommend 1/2 inch). Roll in the nuts and serve immediately.