I was given the blog Sweet Beginnings, a blog I am familiar with and have had in the swaps in the past. I browsed her list of apps several times, going back and forth about what I was going to make. There were too many good options so it was a tough choice! I finally narrowed it down to a White Pizza Dip and served it for my best friend while my husband was cooking dinner for us.
The author, Jaida, noted that the original recipe called for Lipton Savory Herb Garlic Soup Mix which she could not find, so she used Lipton's Vegetable Soup Mix. I also couldn't find the Herb Garlic Mix at the store, and they were out of Vegetable, so I used the Onion Mix. However, I did look Lipton's web site to see what was in the Herb and Garlic Mix so I could try to bring some of those flavors to this dip. The list of ingredients was pretty vague, noting "herbs & spices," so it wasn't much help. I decided to add a tsp. of McCormick's Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning and call it good.
This dip had everything you want out of a hot dip. It was bubbly, creamy, cheesy, savory, gooey, and I could have eaten the entire thing and skipped dinner (no offense Jon, your meatloaf and scalloped potatoes were fabulous, as always!). And I may or may not know that this dip reheats well if you feel like having some later that night, or for lunch the next day. That is, if you have leftovers.
Thanks for the great recipe, Jaida!
White Pizza Dip
Source: Sweet Beginnings
- 1 envelope Lipton Savory Herb & Garlic Soup Mix (I used their Onion variety - just 3/4 of the package, because I couldn't find the Herb & Garlic and they were sold out of vegetable)
- Added: 1 tsp. McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) container of sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped or mini pepperoni
- 1 baguette loaf, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a 1 quart casserole dish, combine the soup mix, herbs, sour cream, ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup of mozzarella, and pepperoni
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella and some additional pepperoni if you'd like
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes (or until heated through). Serve with bread slices.
Print this post