Last week I had a night where I felt like using up some things I had left in my fridge - some bacon, a jalapeno, a few peppers, and 2 chicken breasts. I was craving pasta, so I came up with this pasta dish featuring the chicken and bacon, and given a punch of flavor from the jalapenos.
(note - I made this up as I went along; measurements are approximate)
- 5 slices bacon, chopped (I like chopping it raw instead of crumbling it after it is cooked)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts cut into thin 2 inch pieces and seasoned with chili powder and salt
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 c light cream
- 1 c shredded cheese - I used a mix of cheddar and Monterrey Jack
- 8 oz cooked pasta; I used rotini
- Cook pasta; drain, set aside
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Remove all but 1 tbsp bacon grease from the pan and add 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add chicken to the pan and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions; saute until chicken has cooked through, about another 3-4 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss; top with bacon.
Quick, easy, and full of flavor!
Print this post