I created this dish a few years ago, and have made it a number of times, but haven't looked at the recipe recently. Well, when I finally went back to the recipe, I realized that I have made a lot of changes and have improved this dish. For that reason I am posting an update - new and improved Spicy Chicken in a Garlic-Lime Broth!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded out a bit (not completely thin)
- Spices - cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp deglazing liquid: white wine or tequila, depending on what you have on hand
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Handful of cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan
- Season chicken with the spices and add to the pan. Saute 4-5 min per side until cooked through. Remove from the pan.
- Add a touch of olive oil to the pan then add the garlic. Saute 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with the deglazing liquid, scraping up the brown bits
- Add the chicken broth and lime juice, bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken to the pan, add cilantro, spoon the sauce over the chicken, and let simmer just a few minutes.
- Serve over rice or linguine.
Print this post