I was looking for ideas for a new side when I came across this recipe for Chipotle-Tomato Rice on the blog Oishii. Easy, flavorful, and it went perfectly with our chili-lime-garlic marinated pork chops.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 TBS. canola oil
- Half a white onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (or 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder); I used the pepper in adobo sauce, diced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano; I used Mexican oregano
- half of a 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes, with liquid
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a large saute pan, heat the canola oil over medium high heat.
- Cook the onion until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in the chipotle and oregano.
- Add the canned tomatoes with liquid. Reduce heat, and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, and stir until combined and heated through. Season to taste with salt & pepper and serve. Garnish with cilantro.
Print this post