Jon and I love Brussels sprouts so when I saw this recipe for grilled Brussels sprouts on Cara's blog, I had to try them.
Like Cara, I just eyeballed the amounts -
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- About 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Good squirt of Dijon mustard
- 2 shakes paprika
- Touch of salt and pepper
- You will also need 3-4 skewers; metal ones work best
- Wash Brussels sprouts, trim off the ends and remove any outer leaves that are falling off.
- Put them in a pot of water and bring to a boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove them from the water and toss with the oil, garlic, paprika, mustard, salt, and pepper
- Once they are cool enough to handle, put them on the skewers with all sprouts facing the same way.
- Grill for 10 minutes, 5 minutes per side.
Jon took this picture once they were skewered before taking them out to the grill.Cooking...
We loved the flavor on these from the garlic and dijon, and the smokieness from the grill was nice too. They were a touch underdone, so next time I'd boil them an extra minute or two. The biggest surprise about them was that our dog ate one that I dropped, and was stalking me for more after that! Who knew.