When the weather is nice, we love taking our dog for a walk around the local lake. Our dog is a rescue, was abused as a puppy, and is very scared and nervous around new people, kids on bikes, etc, but once we get to the lake, she's the happiest and most relaxed dog in the world! It makes us so happy to see her this way.
Last weekend the weather was perfect so we decided to go to the lake. I wanted to make a quick breakfast that was delicious and full of protein to give me energy for the walk, so I came up with this breakfast burrito.
Ingredients (for 1)
- 2 eggs beaten with a splash of milk
- Shake or two each of salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder - shake into the beaten eggs
- Handful of chopped peppers - I used red, yellow, and green
- Handful of chopped onions - I used green onions
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1 tortilla shell
- Shredded cheese - I used a Colby Jack blend
- Optional: fresh cilantro
- Touch of olive oil plus small pat of butter
- Heat olive oil and melt butter in an omelet pan over medium heat
- Add peppers, onions, and tomatoes; saute until cooked and them move to the side of the pan.
- Add eggs and quickly scramble them
- In the meantime, top a tortilla with shredded cheese and melt for 10-15 seconds in the microwave
- When eggs are done, place them in the center of the tortilla; top with the veggies, a touch of cheese, and the cilantro.
- Roll and eat!
This was so delicious! I loved using the chili powder and cumin in the eggs, and the cilantro added such a bright and fresh flavor.
Print this post