What is with this rainy weather in the Northeast? I'm so sick of the rain and just want a dry, sunny day. I feel so blah and have no inspiration, and couldn't think of a thing to make for dinner tonight.
But since we didn't feel like going out to eat or getting take-out, I decided to whip something up. I had a package of frozen cheese tortellini to use, as well as 2 tomatoes, so I went with that to come up with this quick and easy dinner.
- 10 oz frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (less if you like less heat)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c white wine
- 1/3 c water from the pot of tortellini (grab the water before you drain the pasta)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil
- Add shallots and garlic; saute 3 minutes
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and red pepper flakes; saute 3 minutes
- Add wine and let simmer for 5 minutes
- Add reserved water
- Toss with tortellini, top with Parmesan cheese
This was the perfect quick and easy dinner on a night when I had no energy or motivation to cook. But surprisingly, I ended up with a delicious dinner with little effort. I served it with roasted asparagus, and Jon had flounder stuffed with lobster that he picked up at the local market.