Whenever I make shrimp for Jon, I usually cook up some tofu for myself. Last night I had some peppers to use up, and felt like something spicy, so I came up with this quick and easy tofu dish - (Click here for the shrimp version)
- 1 block tofu, pressed (to get the extra liquid out) and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Thinly sliced onion - about 3 slices off 1 small onion.
- Sliced peppers - I used about 1/4 each of a red, green, and yellow pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp chili-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 c chicken broth
- Optional: chopped green onions
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat
- Add tofu and cook about 5 minutes until starting to lightly brown
- Add onions, garlic, and peppers. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add chili-garlic paste, soy sauce, and chicken broth. Stir everything together and bring to a simmer. Let simmer 10 minutes - sauce will slightly thicken
- Serve over rice or noodles and top with green onions