A few months ago I made a creamy artichoke spread for paninis. On Sunday, my godparents and parents were coming over for a casual BBQ lunch, so I decided to make an artichoke spread for crackers.
Last time I made it I used my handheld immersion blender to get a creamy consistency. This time I kept it chunky and added red pepper flakes for just a touch of heat. It was not hot at all, but the red pepper flakes did add another flavor.
(my other version in the link above is a reduced fat version)
- 2 cans artichokes, drained well and chopped
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in a small pan; add garlic, saute til slightly golden, and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and stir. Adjust the salt if necessary.
- Serve with crackers
I ate so many crackers with this spread!! It is very tasty, had great texture, and was perfect on a cracker. This dip could definitely be baked - similar to my spinach artichoke dip. It could also be used as bruschetta which I have done in the past.
Print this post