I had 30 minutes to prep, cook, and eat last night before leaving for my classes. The results did not taste like a 30 minute meal at all.. this was one of the best pasta sauces I've made!
- Penne pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 c light or heavy cream
- 1/3 c Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- Handful of fresh spinach (optional, but I loved it in this dish!)
- Cook pasta; set aside
- Heat olive oil; add shallots and garlic, saute. Add tomatoes, stir.
- Add the white wine and thyme. Reduce heat, and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer
- Add the cheese and salt, stir
- Toss the pasta in the sauce. If you are using spinach, add it once you turn the heat off so it wilts. Adjust salt if necessary.
I'm so glad I made enough to have leftovers tonight!Print this post