Here is the recipe - I made it exactly as Kylee did and wouldn't change a thing.
- 1 can refrigerated flaky biscuit dough
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and cut into 8ths
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon mixed with 1/4 cup of sugar
- Preheat the oven to around 350 degrees.
- Separate the biscuits in the can, and then cut them lengthwise so you have 16 circles of dough.
- Wrap each apple slice in one circle of dough. (I had better luck cutting a slit in the flat side and putting the apple wedge in, and then wrapping the dough around it to close it up. Kind of like stuffing a chicken breast when you cut a slit in it).
- Put them into a buttered dish.
- Put sugar, water, butter and vanilla into a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the apple dumplings, and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for around 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.